Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, April 6, 2009

Princess Margaret Hospital Dream Home Lottery

maple syrup 052

In my part of the woods (Ontario, Canada), each year, the Princess Margaret Hospital hosts a "Dream Home Lottery" to support cancer research.

There are a number of homes in the lottery and I had the opportunity to tour one of them. The house that I toured is worth $2.6 million and is located in Vaughan Ontario

As an aside (and this is for those of us who live in Ontario), can I just say that I have not been to Vaughan in ages and was astounded at how much it had grown...whatever happened to Canada's Wonderland being "out in the middle of nowhere"???


maple syrup 045

No stone was left unturned in the decorating department. However, what I really enjoyed the most about touring the home was some of the creative decorating ideas that could be used in any home (read CHEAP). I took some pictures of some these ideas and I thought I would share...

Now here is an interesting idea. These photos were on the wall in the children's playroom....
maple syrup 042

Now I know that this isn't the best shot of the photos...it is photos of children's shoes. Now this may look difficult but really how hard could it possibly be to take a million pictures of your kid's shoes until you get a few that are frame able? (don't answer that part) Then you would just need to Photoshop them (black and white with a touch of sepia)?? All I am saying is that it would be worth a try to find out!!

I like the pears all lined up in the cloches. Don't you just love the glass balls in the lamps!! So nice!!

maple syrup 047

The little girl's room looks so opulent.......

maple syrup 038
...but really, it is just pink stripes on the wall with some moulding. With a staple gun and some nice fabric, the fabric thing behind her bed would be soooo achievable (I am having a brain freeze and can not think of what it is called.

I just saw these scissors at Home Sense the other week and I am now wishing that I bought them!
maple syrup 044

12 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Beautiful--I love the ball lamps and the little girl's room is fit for a princess! :) Is it just me though, or does that kitchen not match the house at all...something just seems off about it.

~ Sarah

Jo - To a Pretty Life said...

That looks like quite the house! Good idea to look at the small touches for inspiration, rather than just envying the expensive furniture like I usually do (we're currently in the market for furniture, with a nearly non-existant butget).

I like the horizontal stripes on the wall behind the scissors. And the cute shoe pictures...I might do something like that in my daughter's room, once I get to decorating it.

Miss(es) Canadian Pie said...

Can you imagine living there? Wow is all I have to say! The outside of that home is ....GORGEOUS! We drive through Vaughn when we are heading back home from the States. I like to stop there at Ikea. :)

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Wow that's some little girls room! What a house!

Manuela

Christina said...

Thanks for taking us on a tour of a beautiful home. What a beautiful little girls room. I love the scissors too.

Anonymous said...

Wow......that's a beautiful home with such neat ideas everywhere.
I think you mean 'canopy' over the ittle girls bed

Mom

Ellen said...

hi Jill.. I just came across your blog and was looking at your kitchen remodel. I am working on a remodel also and am hoping to be able to paint laminate cabinets, were your cabinets laminate or wood?! your kitchen looks awesome... thanks for your help!

Xazmin said...

Gorgeous. I love looking at fabulous homes (that are completely out of my price range!) and seeing what kinds of ideas I can re-create on the cheap!

Xazmin

Tara said...

Gosh, Jill, thanks for sharing the tour--I want that bedroom!

henzy said...

the room looks gorgeous. but the stripes are such a pain to do. the prep work takes forever. I just did stripes, horizontal stripes in my tiny hallway and i swear to never do stripes again.

aileen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://dclottery.info

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]